Monday 28 March 2016

FMP Development; "How my original ideas have stated to change"

I started off looking at Moroccan patterns however after researching other ways that I can work with pattern, I have found that I am now going to focus my FMP on patterns through knit as well as print. I have gone from looking at bright, happy colours to now looking at muted, calm colours. This is because I feel not only in this project but previous projects that I work better with dull colour schemes as i can match them better and I feel comfortable using them in my work.

I am now going to look at different ways to knit, for example; by hand or by a knit machine. Then I hope to link knit with print and combined them together to create my final piece. Nevertheless I am still working towards a final piece that is based on interior textiles e.g bedding, curtains or even a cushion or a set.

All this meaning that I have changed the artists I am going to research. I am now looking at the up and coming artist Alice Fox and the artist Julianna Sissons.

(This can also be found on a mind map in a page of my FMP sketch book)



No comments:

Post a Comment