Monday 14 September 2015

Knitwear: Chanel to Westwood

On 11th of November 2015, I visited the Knitwear exhibition which was held in the Civic. I went there to get inspiration and ideas from the knitwear so that I could produce a 30cm square of either knitting, weaving or crochet that will later be joined onto a kimono.

This exhibition shows vintage fashion knitwear from the 20th century. The exhibition itself includes a variety of famous names and exciting Knitwear designs by Gabrielle Coco Chanel, 1930's woollen swimwear, 1970's Bill Garcons, Vivienne Westwood and Julien MacDonald. The exhibition is based on the influence of art movements Pop, Punk and Deconstruction alongside design innovation and knitwear technologies.

The collection of this Knitwear looks over 100 years of knit wear history. Knitwear in fashion is often taken for granted, but this exhibition gives me the opportunity to be inspired for my future designs.































My most favourite exhibition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment