Sunday 27 September 2015

Artist: Jennifer Collier

Jennifer collier is a veteran maker of vintage material. Every detail that goes into her pieces are made from paper. She reuses and recycles books, maps, envelopes, wallpaper and scraps and transformes them into textural forms. She simply uses stitch to attach two or three dimensional objects together. She's uses a variety of methods to create her beautiful pieces for example weaving, waxing, draping, embedding and stitching to create objects such as paper lampshades, cameras, tea cups and wax clothing and shoes.

Jennifer Colliers is the main artist which inspires me to create the artwork I produce. I would describe my work as “delicate”, “natural” and “beautiful” and I like Jennifer I also like to use nature and found objects witching my work. She quotes that her work is “giving new life to things that would otherwise go unloved or be thrown away” and I always aim to do the same in my work. I feel that a flower will not always look the way it appears to start off with so by pressing and reusing a flower or even its petals, I feel it can keep its beautifulness for a much longer period of time.

Here is one of my artists sheets inspired by her...



No comments:

Post a Comment